One of the most frequent questions asked by entrepreneurs and small business owners is “Will Facebook Ads Work For My Business?”
First, all media works, if you use it correctly. Whether you use traditional media such as TV, radio, print, or the new digital media, such as Facebook ads, Adwords, and SEO, etc. it all works!
Any marketing channel can drive targeted prospects and customers to your website or business.
What is most important is understanding who your customers are.
Once you understand who your customers are, then choosing the right advertising media to reach your ideal customer is much easier.
But what separates Facebook’s ad platform from all other advertising media?
- Eyeballs & Audience – Facebook has almost 1 billion users logging in every single day.
- Pinpoint Marketing– Facebook’s ad platform is the most cutting edge platform available today. What makes their ad platform so robust is the ability to segment, target, and niche down to your ideal prospect and customer. There is no other platform that allows this level of precise pinpoint marketing.
- Testing Ads On Micro Budgets -The ability to test ads, audiences, and offers on micro budgets like $5, $10, and $25/day.
- Instant Results– Results are almost instant. As soon as the ad is submitted to Facebook you will see some results within a couple of hours. Within a couple of days, you are going to know how well that ad campaign is performing overall and have a good understanding if it is going to be successful.
- Scalability– Once you identify your ideal audience, and you have an ad campaign that is generating positive results, with 1.5 billion users, you can scale your ad campaign to reach more of your ideal customers…quickly! Scaling an ad campaign can be as simple as increasing the daily budget.
But how can you tell if Facebook ads are ideal for your business?
There are 9 questions to answer when determining if Facebook ads are ideal for a business.
- HOW CHALLENGING IS IT TO FIND THE TARGET AUDIENCE? – Facebook targeting options are insane! You can target by age, gender, geographic location from countries, all the way down to specific zip codes. Plus, you can target other pages in a niche, such as authority pages, media such as magazines, blogs, etc. You can target people based off of purchase behavior, job title, and company where they work. The targeting is practically endless and can be very broad or precisely targeted depending upon who you are trying to reach.
Most audiences can be identified within an hour by using Facebook Audience Insights Tool.
- HOW ENGAGED IS THE AUDIENCE ON FACEBOOK?
Finding the ideal target audience on Facebook is important, but finding an active, engaged audience that likes, comments, shares, and then clicks on ads is even more important. Finding an engaged audience on Facebook will result in more responses to your ads, which will result in a higher click through rate, and ultimately less expensive ads that reach more people.
- HOW MUCH DEMAND AND DESIRE DOES THE CUSTOMER HAVE FOR THE PRODUCT/SERVICE?
Understanding how much demand the audience has for your product or service is important also. For instance, if you have a brand new product that has little demand, it might take longer to reach your ideal customer. But if you have a product/service that has plenty of demand, then you can get results much quicker and faster.
- HOW MANY COMPETITORS ARE ADVERTISING TO THE SAME AUDIENCE?
How many times has your ideal audience seen a similar offer? Is the audience less sensitive to the product and services from other competitors targeting them with similar ads?
Identifying whether the audience has seen similar offers may determine how creatively you need to position the offer and product.
- WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE?
Normally the more expensive a product or service, then the more steps needed to sell the product to a new audience.
f you offer a $25,000 coaching program, to an audience who doesn’t know anything about you, then it is most likely going to take more than one Facebook ad to sell that particular coaching service.
If the product or service is less expensive, such as a $25 T-shirt that pertains to a specific niche, it is not going to take nearly as many steps to sell the shirt.
- WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH WITH THE AD CAMPAIGN?
With Facebook ads, the very first thing to determine are the objectives and what you want to accomplish?
Once you understand the goals of the campaign, then you can start developing strategies to encourage the prospect/customer to achieve those objectives.
For instance, if you own a local business, then the objective may be to get customers to call the business. Other campaign objectives can be to increase email subscribers, sign-up for a webinar, or attend a local meeting.
Facebook has 11 different types of ads that a business owner can implement to achieve the goals of the ad campaign. Knowing exactly what you are trying to accomplish will determine the type of Facebook ad needed to achieve the objective.
- WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE?
Another determining factor in the success of a Facebook ad campaign is how much of a social media presence does the company already have and how engaged is that social presence.
A company that has an engaged, active Facebook page of 40,000 people might just need to run a Facebook ad to the already established Facebook fan base to achieve the objective.
Having a Facebook page of just 100 likes is a very different campaign. A couple of different types of ads may be needed for the campaign to be successful.
It may require a like campaign to boost the number of people following the page, a page post engagement ad to create engagement, a clicks to website ad to drive traffic to the offer, and a video ad to build trust with the targeted audience.
One other factor in regards to the social presence is how many other social media assets can be leveraged? Does the company have a following on Twitter, Youtube, an engaged email list, a podcast, a Periscope following, a customer database, several defined Facebook custom audiences, etc? What other resources does the company have that can be leveraged to achieve the campaign’s objective?
- DOES THE COMPANY HAVE AN ADEQUATE AMOUNT OF CONTENT?
This normally ties in directly to the company’s social presence. In many situations, a company that has a large social media presence has created content to build the audience.
Content can be in the form of articles, mp3’s, videos, pictures, and photo memes. The more content a company has then the easier the campaign, because less content has to be created to achieve the campaign’s objective.
- DOES THE COMPANY HAVE SALES SYSTEMS ALREADY ESTABLISHED?
Having sales systems in place can be one of the most important factors in monetizing a campaign.
A sales system can be as simple as a landing page offering something of value in exchange for a name and email address. Once the person enters their name and email address to claim the offer, then they are redirected to page offering a product or service.
Another type of sales system can be as simple as a coupon that requires the customer to call the business to set an appointment to claim the coupon.
Regardless of the type of business, Facebook has the most dynamic ad platform available to business’ today. It allows precise pinpoint marketing, where ad campaigns can be tested on micro budgets with practically instant results.
Implementing Facebook ads creates a win, win, win situation for almost any business!
Grab Your Free Copy Now!